Red Eye Relief in Bunker Hill and Houston Area
Causes / Common reasons why someone will get a red eye
Causes/Reasons for red eye:
-Sleeping in contacts- sleeping in contacts for extended periods of time can cause the eye to be weakened. When you sleep in contacts the eye is deprived of oxygen which can make your eye more prone to eye infection. Your eye being red is a sign that the eye is not feeling well.
-Over-wearing contacts- when you wear a pair of contacts for longer than a month, the contact can become more dirty over time. An old pair of contacts sitting on your eye can cause the eye to become more tired and weak. Over time, the eye will not be able to function at its best.
-Dry Eyes- when you spend 5+ hours on the computer or digital devices your natural blinking rate can reduce by up to 50%! When you don’t blink as much because you are focused on your computer screen or digital device, your eyes will not get the natural moisture it needs and will begin to slowly dry your eyes out. This can lead the eyes to become red, tired, and irritated.
Preventative care / how to prevent from getting red eye / common reasons why someone will have it :
– Most red eyes are contact lens related so having good habits is essential to maintaining healthy eyes. Not sleeping routinely in contacts and changing them out at correct intervals (monthly, bi-weekly, daily) will help the eyes stay strong.
– Using lubricants and taking breaks while being on the computer will allow the eyes to regain some of the moisture lost and allow you to be better prepared for long periods of computer use.
Treatment / Procedures :
– When a contact lens related red eye occurs typically a antibiotic/steroid eyedrop is prescribed to allow the eye to heal and protect against possible eye infection.
– Dry eyes can be a difficult and complicated condition to manage but having the right experience and the right plan will go a long way in controlling and allow you to take care of dry eyes.
Why they should go with us?
– We believe our experience and knowledgeable treatment plans will allow you to get back to 100% more quickly and prevent recurrent red eyes from occurring to you.